Minden Louisiana History
Minden is a town with over five hundred inhabitants and is located west of the Mississippi in the city of Minden, Louisiana, USA. Webster Pariah is the seat of the congregation and probably the oldest city in Louisiana and the second oldest in North America after St. Louis.
In fact, one of the municipalities in the municipality, Cotton Valley, owes its name to the main crops grown in this part of the municipality. There are two neighboring communities, Bienville and Claiborne, which were carved out of Webster Parish in 1871, and a neighboring community to the south, Webster Pariah, with a population of about 1,500.
The small town soon became the largest in Claiborne Parish and received one of the first public school deeds from the state legislature in 1838. It soon grew and became part of a vast area covered by the old municipality of Claibornes, growing to a population of about 1500 in the late 18th century and 2,000 in 1890. Minden, the seat of the Webster community, chartered the "Minden Railway and the Minden City Council" in recognition that the railway passed the city 5 miles south. Compress Co. "to build a rail line from Bienville to Cotton Valley and further to Webster Pariah. The LA & S reached the Cotton Valley in September 1898 and joined the Louisiana and Arkansas Railroad to form the Hope Stamps Route in Arkansas.
Today, the community of Webster is economically thriving and offers visitors the opportunity to participate in the various recreational activities that make up Louisiana's athletes "paradise. This makes it a great place to start a family or just make a visit for a great holiday.
The Dorcheat Historical Association Museum houses a collection of memorabilia depicting the life and times of one of Louisiana's most beloved sports teams. This bottle, which has Scottish roots and stays in touch with them, contains a replica of a bottle of whisky from the late 18th and early 19th centuries, among other items.
The state-of-the-art recreational facilities are one of the best in Louisiana and are open to people of all ages. Minden is a wonderful place that has preserved many of its early houses and shops. The city has earned a reputation for preserving its past and respecting its roots.
The site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979, and in 2009 the State of Louisiana took control of the museum. Today, the colony is known for its historic buildings, historical sites, museums and historical sites.
Springhill, the second largest town in the community, which borders Arkansas, owes its existence to its proximity to the river. The people's settlement was flooded by an overflow of the Bayou, and it was not long before the people discovered that the place was Bayou Dorchoat. The municipality in this municipality includes the towns of Springhill and Cullen, as well as several other towns and villages. In addition to a branch in each parish, the Webster Community Bookshop operates from a single building on the west side of the city.
Thirty Confederate soldiers who died at the Battle of Mansfield and the engagement ceremony at Pleasant Hill are buried at the historic Minden Cemetery on Pine and Goodwill and Bayou Avenue. Much of the business district, including the large Goodwill Building, built in 1882 by Alfred Good Will and once home to Louisiana's largest general store, was subsequently destroyed by fire. The only preserved block structure of its kind has been restored and made accessible to the public as a museum under the direction of the Louisiana Secretary of State.
Minden itself was founded in 1836 by a native Schenectady from New York and named after the city of Minden. His last home in the colony was in what is now Mindon, which was later founded in 1835 and 1837 by Charles Veeder, a New Yorker whose family came from Germany, and later by his brother-in-law Charles E. Veeger.
Before white men entered the country, it was populated by gangs now called Sioux, Cherokee, and Iroquois. American Indians from the northwest and southeast were confined to the Indian territory of what is now Oklahoma, while the Kiowa and Comanche tribes shared territory in the southern plains. Many came from the East Coast and migrated south to stay in Louisiana, especially in the northern part. In 1835, the colonists moved north to Claiborne Parish and bought land in Mindon, a small town of about 1,000 people, some of which came through the port of New Orleans.
Farms besieged a historic, underserved area that was sealed off from downtown Minden, with a few small houses on the outskirts and a small church.
Besides Catholics, Methodists were the first to organize in Minden, and Leland Crawford has been pastor since 2009. The founding pastor in the 19th century was John C. Smith, a member of the United Methodist Church of America. The house was named after its original owner, John B. Jones, who bought the house in 1968.